RHODE ISLAND – If you missed the first ‘3 in 3′ Women’s History Month celebration last Friday, March 12…the word on the street and within the Isis Storm circle is that our ladies ripped it! Continue celebrating 3 in 3 with the following shows and partners who’ve agreed to officially be Stormed!!
(Pictured: Isis Storm sister, Michelle Cruz, who captured the audience – and the lead singer’s heart – during a guest performance with Outlaw Nation in Foxboro, MA on February 26.)
Fourth Friday Fiyah
Girl Power: An ALL FEMALE- ALL- STAR ROSTER OF POETS
An Isis Storm 3 IN 3 NIGHT
Friday, March 26
8 PM – 1 AM
Salas Restaurant and Bar
343 Thames Street
5$ at the door; Refreshments Included
The weather is getting warmer, and we’re about tp make it HOT! Presented by Words@Work and Fourth Friday Fiyah, celebrate Women’s History Month in Newport with Isis Storm. Join special Guest Host and Isis Storm co-founder, Reza Rites, Isis Storm sisters, Kalyana Champlain (also a co-founder), Monsurat Ottun and (Fourth Friday founder) Jessica9Names for an ALL FEMALE- ALL- STAR ROSTER OF POETS and some KILLER Graffitti ART on Display! ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE DOOR will be going towards raising funds for the Boston Rape Crisis Center Walk, being walked on April 12 by Jessica9Names and other survivors and advocates.
For more information email Jessica9names@yahoo.com, or click here to visit the Facebook invitation page, which includes additional info about the event and more info on the April 12 walk.
rhymeCulture and Isis Storm Present
Equal Rights and Justice
An Isis Storm 3 IN 3 NIGHT
Saturday, March 27
10 pm – 2 am
The City Cafe
79 Dorrance Street
$5 Cover, strict 21+ ID REQUIRED!!!
Join and catch performances from ISIS Storm members B-MOR7, Kal Champlain (aka 5th Elament) and DJ Reza Wreckage as well as from artFXone, 420 Crew, DJ Kellan and open mic talent. The event, a positive celebration of hip hop, life, culture and spoken word poetry recognizing March as Women’s History month, will be co-hosted by Isis Storm co-founders, Kal Champlain and Reza Clifton.
rhymeCulture works to promote conscious hip hop and music in Rhode Island, while the mission of ISIS STORM is to be a vehicle to the generations of women who are fed up with seeing and accepting someone else’s definitions of who they are. For more information and to support the organizers, visit www.artfxone.com, www.isisstorm.com, and www.collectivethoughtmedia.com. RSVP on Facebook by clicking here.
Extra Updates from Isis Storm and Your Isis Storm Co-founder, DJ Reza Wreckage
- Join Isis Storm sisters, Reza Clifton (Venus Sings / DJ Reza Wreckage) and Monsurat Ottun, on Monday, March 22 at 6:00 PM at a “30 under 30″ event being organized by YWCA Greater Rhode Island. Learn more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Best wishes and anxious anticipation goes to Michelle Cruz, who is recording her first full-length album, AS WE SPEAK (and type). Hear her hit single, Not Saying Never, by clicking here.
- Let’s Get Literate! No but really, we should all be reading more, and one place to start is with Isis Storm member and author, Indigo Bethea, whose new book can be ordered NOW. Email email@example.com to be connected with the poet, artist, and cultural anthropologist and to order her poetic volume, “But Beautiful”—Reflections on Love and Loss.”
- Congratulate Isis Storm co-founder, Reza Clifton, whose mother was recently voted unanimously by the Senate to ascend to a Federal Judicial position in the 1st Circuit Court of Appeals, making her the first Black woman to hold the post.
- Want to learn more about blogging, podcasting, and how to become your own new media publisher and producer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and sign up for a March 31 workshop she’s leading in New Bedford with youth and members of 3rd Eye Unlimited.
- Learn more about opportunities to perform at these events, to partner with Isis Storm, and/or reach the poets, hip hop emcees, artists, writers and educators of Isis Storm by emailing email@example.com.
- Catch the next edition of Venus Sings Radio: Saturday, March 27, 9-11 AM on WRIU, 90.3 FM or streaming live at www.wriu.org.